Monday 21 January 2013

VIDEO - Gas market whistleblower sacked after accusing firms of price fixing

Seth Freedman, the whistleblower at the centre of energy market manipulation allegations, has been sacked by his price reporting agency, ICIS Heren.

Freedman's concerns about unusual movements in the wholesale gas trade triggered investigations – which are ongoing – by the Financial Services Authority (FSA), and the energy regulator, Ofgem.

Freedman said his sacking was "classic victimisation and intimidation of a whistleblower".

"[They're] protecting the management at the expense of those lower down the food chain," he said. "I feel victimised for blowing the whistle.

"I was doing the right thing. I was protecting the ICIS brand – when we spot abuse we take it to the regulator. [But] I was treated as if I was the bad guy. It's outrageous."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2013/jan/18/gas-market-whistleblower-sacked

No comments:

Post a Comment